Saturday, November 3, 2007
I'm ready for a Vacation from Vacation.
Just a couple more picutres of Italy before I head home tomorrow.
A mosaic feturning Neptune and Aphrodite, that has been left intact at Herculaneum, just outside of Naples. The city was devasted by the erruption of Mt. Vesuvius that also destroyed Pompei. The site is smaller and gives a better preserved and more intimate look at an ancient Roman city.
History is so cool. One of the ruined Roman Temples at Paestum just south of Salerno. This one is dedicated to Athena.
This is the pizza I had in Naples on Thursday before I headed to check out Pompei. It was amazing. I have never been much of a pizza person, and I had thought pizza was pretty much just pizza. I was wrong. It's been tasty all over Italy, but Naples hasn't lost its touch. Thin, crisp yet chewy crust, perfectly seasoned tomato sauce, just enough fresh cheese for the taste, and as I like to order it, heaped with veggies. (I added Italien sausage to this one for kicks and it was an excellent choice.) And yes, I ate the whole thing. I didn't have to eat dinner however, and treated myself to a peice of cake and a banana later instead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so jealous!!! Everything looks so amazing and you seem like you're having so much fun. :)
Post a Comment