
Whitman was just what I needed. It was beautiful weather too, sunny and warm. The campus was blooming and there were lilacs everywhere! It is still snowing and cold here, and I am desperately tired of winter. Sometimes I wonder if I would have been so much happier going to smaller or more liberal school. But I think that Montana has been a really good experience for me, and I have learned a lot about people, life and myself by just living here. I will not be sad to leave at the end of the summer but I will never regret coming here. It was amazing however, to spend the weekend with shall we say, greener peoples and of course it was wonderful to see Johannah! Extreme croquet (note the "brawl" that broke out over a missed wicket), delicious food, frisbee and excellent company was just what I needed. A refreshing taste of home.

It was too short by far, but coming home on Saturday has allowed me to catch up a bit on work and feel more relaxed for the upcoming week. And there are only two more weeks of class left in the semester!! I have so much to do, but it will be over before I know it. I can hardley wait. I am feeling more excited about my summer plans and I think I might try to plant a tiny veggie garden in back of Claire's house this summer. If that is not possible I may settle for an herb garden via window boxes. If anything, Bozeman has taught me how much I love the sun and warm if rainy weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment