Saturday, April 14, 2007

So it goes...

I'm getting a little tired of sucking at the pole-vault. I no heighted again today, we were even home this weekend and there's a good chance I won't travel next weekend. I think it must be time for me to get a new hobby. Pole-vault used to be exciting and though I enjoy working out, I don't LOVE it anymore. I want to be thrilled to jump every weekend and instead I dread it. I know that's the real problem, I lost my confidence somewhere along the way and never got it back. But it's probably a good thing this is my last season, but it would be nice to at least hold my own for my last couple meets. Oh well. I guess it's time to start yoga and maybe swimming again. I've always wanted to buy a mountain bike. I think the saddest part is I will miss being on a team full of awesome people and the interactions I get from that. Time for a new chapter in my life I guess. How exciting. :)

As far as the summer goes, it looks like I will be staying in Bozeman. I have never heard from the job in Oregon and think I will probably make the best money here anyways. I'm disappointed that I won't be closer to home but just the same I'm determined to have a fun summer. This way I can keep working for the Network and Bozeman is still a fun town in the summer. Plus it will only make me a better rafter. I am planning to sub-let a room for cheap from a friend of mine who is going home for the summer and the other roommate that is staying is an old friend from freshman year that I think will be fun and easy to live with. Yay! I can't wait to move and am trying to convince Amy to stay in Bozeman this summer as well to keep me company. Plus we are leaving earlier than was originally thought, so that was a little bit of a surprise. The first day of the program is the 16th of August, so I'll need to be there a few days earlier. I still plan to come home to pack and hang out before I leave for hopefully at least a week.


Last weekend at the Weber State track meet with some of the other jumpers.

No comments: