Well, I have a final diagnosis on my stomach. It's paralyzed. Seriously. Post-Viral Gastroparesis to be exact. After several months of no gluten, I was still getting sick. Frustrated, I went back for even more tests. This time I was given a radioactive egg salad sandwich to eat, and then I laid under a whole Geiger counter while they watched the sandwich move. Or, in my case, not move. Basically when I eat food, it doesn't move along like it would in a normal stomach. Rather it sits, and swells, and make me feel perfectly terrible. And it's something I'm learning to live with, as there isn't much they can do. Mostly though, it's nice to know I'm not crazy and something was really wrong. It makes feeling sickish on a regular basis almost bearable. The current experiment for an effective treatment involves me swallowing pills full of HCL with every meal. Never a dull moment in my medical history.
I'm not about to let it slow me down though. At the end of August I moved, finally. Moving was a drag, but also, a relief. I almost feel like a big kid again. It's nice to be settling in, and I'm looking forward to the upcoming year. I'm just finally starting to feel like I belong in my new home. I moved into an established house, and for a while it just felt like I was visiting friends. After weeks of looking for a 1 bedroom place, I somehow found myself looking at an open room in a house of 5. And for some reason it just felt right. I took it, and haven't regretted it once. Turns out a few of the roommates have climbed with Keith, and have various ties to the Mountain Club. And because of this I've run across more than a few people I have met in previous years. It's certainly nice to be around active people too. Since moving in I've rafted the MacKenzie, and spent a weekend sea kayaking in the San Juan's, and there are plans for Smith Rock trips, and adventures down the Rouge. Now I just need an bottomless bank account.
1 comment:
Holy CRAP Becca - I am so sorry to hear about your stomach. I am really glad that you are getting settled in though, and continue to investigate options. Hey, did you just chop all your hair off? That is really really really funny because I cut my hair all off just this Wednesday. It's about as short as Josh has ever had it and probably shorter than he currently has it :) Take care of you. Have fun.
Post a Comment