I did, thankfully, manage to find time to do a few other things between drafting cover letters:
Friday, July 4, 2008
What happened to June...
Ok, ok, OK. I guess I've been slacking a little in the blog department. I mean, I wasn't exactly hopping boarders, or convinced I was dying last month. You know, ho hum, not a lot going on in June. June was dedicated, instead, to one mission, and one mission alone. Job hunting. Which, left me, as one little ball of stress. I think if I saw the words EMPLOYMENT HISTORY one more time I would have screamed. I applied to the Portland Art Museum, the Portland Opera, the Portland Children's Museum, OMSI, OHSU, a wine and cheese shop, three nursing homes, the Raphael House, and seven different positions at Good Samaritan Hospital. I guess the job market isn't quite what it could be.... I looked at 2008 Nursing Programs... full till next year... CNA classes are full till January in Corvallis.... full in Eugene... full in Salem... then on a stroke of luck I called three days before they opened a new CNA class in Portland, and got a spot. Then the temp agency finally called me back for a temp to hire position as a Secretary for CARDV (Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence). Upon investigating their website, I realized they had other, more appealing positions open. In particular, ones for which I was rather well qualified. I took my application for the Sexual Assault Response Advocate to my temp position interview. They called me two hours later to set up a real interview, and I was offered the position just in time to drop my CNA class. I started this past week, but more on my new job later. In the mean time, you can check out CARDV's website here.
I did, thankfully, manage to find time to do a few other things between drafting cover letters:

Allison and I drove to Portland to visit Alice in her new abode.

My parents celebrated their 17th Wedding Anniversary. Aren't they cute??

and the scrumptious Filet Mignon on a bed of Caramelized Onions and Sweet Potato Mash I made for them.

Johannah, Chelsea and Will at the swimming hole in Eugene.

Will expressing his love for Garlic during our Sunday afternoon of pickling.

This is how much Eugene loves T&F, and it's awesome.

Our view of the Olympic Trials last night. I think they call this the "Nose Bleed" section...

Jenny and I enjoying the Meet.
I did, thankfully, manage to find time to do a few other things between drafting cover letters:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment