Thursday, March 20, 2008

On to Vienna for Cake and Music, but mostly Cake.

After a lazy last day in Prague, I headed to Vienna by way of Brno. In Brno I visited the abbey of Gregor Mendel and his famous peas, there's a museum of genetics there now. I finally got to sample a plate of extra tasty beef goulash at the Brewery next door, delicious beer too! Today I explored old Vienna and checked out a couple museums including one dedicated to Austrian painters. It's been snowing most the day, so I took up refuge with my book in the Cafe Mozart after I'd had my filled of museums for the day.

Snow in the streets of Prague the day before I left, which also seems to have followed me South.

Kraut!

Easter eggs at the little Easter Fair I stumbled upon today. How fitting for the first day of Spring! And then it snowed all afternoon....

Hot Apple Strudel in a lake of Vanilla Cream Sauce. Installment #1 in my Coffee and Cake tour of Vienna.

No comments: