Monday, January 28, 2008

When January gets you down... Head for Spain

This past week I finally put my head down and plowed through a pile of school work. I finished my last paper for my classes here and am about a page away from finishing a make-up paper for last semesters deserted history class. 12 pages on the history of student strikes in France, including last semester, and their relevance on French policy. Actually, I've kind of enjoyed writing it, shhhhh, don't tell; and I've learned quite a bit, far more than in a French classroom anyway. I've also managed to register, or get as close as I can, for next semester and cross a few other nagging items off my list. And gosh, does it feel good. Though I still have a list, I promised myself that I deserve a break when I finish all my work for last semester. I decided that break should come in the form of exploring Barcelona and surrounding area at my leisure until classes recommence on Monday. Talk about motivation! With the end in sight, I bought train tickets this afternoon for an extra long weekend in Spain. I'll be back just in time for Phonetics. So long January.

No comments: