Saturday, October 6, 2007

...cuisine…provisions…goodies…board…dish…grit…grub…mess…nosh…fare…slop...eats…vittles…chow...

For anyone that has spent more than an hour with me they are probably already aware that I am a passionate person. They have probably also figured out that one of my greatest passions is food. Cooking it, eating it, baking it, reading about it, talking about it, creating it, shopping for it, experimenting with it and apparently writing about it... And since last week I wasn't doing a lot of eating it, I did a lot of thinking about it instead. And considering that I may have to change a lot of things about the way I eat and cook in the future, it seems that I will continue to spend just as much if not more time considering this ever so necessary yet versatile and personally fascinating part of my life. In honor of my love for nosh I'd like to share a couple of food blogs I've recently discovered and with which I've become totally fascinated. They have excellent food, life and health commentary, suggestions, recipes, photos and presentation. Enjoy!

101 Cookbooks ☆ Simply Recipes ☆ smitten kitchen ☆ Vanilla Garlic

I returned to my kitchen this afternoon and gleefully whipped up some Zucchini Fritters inspired by Simply Recipes for lunch. I was please with the outcome, though they could have used some zest, and might turn to the leftovers into an egg scramble in the morning. For dinner I put my lonely can of red beans to good use in a scrumptious mix of Red Beans and Rice. I took the liberty of mixing in plenty of: red pepper, garlic, onion, mushrooms, pork sausage, chili powder and a little thyme.

I would also like to mention that my parents were err, um... ok I admit it... right... (don't tell them this isn't the first time either...). Since I was a little kid (and an extremely picky eater) they have teased me that my 12 year old, 16 year old, 20 year old taste buds, ect. would come in. Now, I don't know exactly how that works, but in recent years I have generally become a less and less choosy diner. However, just since I have arrived in France I have noticed that I am now loving (pre-France detesting) the following:

-Bananas
-Dark Chocolate
-Onions
-Spinich

Go Figure!!

2 comments:

Keith Pearen said...

Keith can't spell pumpkin and you can't spell Spinach. Must run in the family!

Keith Pearen said...

Darn it...not sure how I just posted as him. This is and was Melanie!