Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Two Weeks!

Yesterday I had an eight year old draw me a picture of an alien that would shoot "high energy balls" out of his penis. My job is ridiculous.

Last weekend I stayed out here to avoid eight hours of my weekend being eaten by bus rides and screaming children. Friday night ended pleasantly in the middle of HW 218 once again in good company with an ample beer supply. Meaghan, Tyler and I slept on the water tower that night just to say we had. It was actually pretty nice, expect for the sun in the morning was ridiculously hot and bright by seven in the morning. On Saturday, Tyler and I decided to bust out of camp on an Eastern Oregon Adventure, which was supposed to be a road trip to the Newberry Crater. Before I left I got a message from Pat, an old Bozeman friend that is in Bend for the summer wondering if I would be in Corvallis at all. I decided to one up that and give him a call when we drove through Bend.

On the way to Bend however, Tyler's car began to shake and then shake more. I called Bill and he suggested that maybe in the heat combined with old tires, Tyler's tires had began to separate in the tread. White knuckled Tyler drove us straight to a car shop in Bend, where I decided to try and give Pat a call. I then realized that when my phone was stolen last spring I had lost Pat's number. I figured I could just look his parents up in the phone book only to find out there where roughly twenty Carroll's in the phone book. So I randomly starting calling promising couples listed in Bend and the last one on the list turned out to be correct and Pat was even home. Two of Tyler's tires had tired turned out to be separated in the mean time, so we left his car and walked down town to meet Pat for lunch. He volunteered to drive us out to Paulina Lake where we walked around the edge and ended up sitting on a log in the water, enjoying the view, the cool water and the company. It was so refreshing. Unfortunately I don't have my camera cord, so I can't upload any pictures. Maybe I'll try this weekend.

Due to a schedule change I'll be out here next week for one last camp. It will be Astrology Camp, the same one I came to when I was a little kid. The best part is we get to stay up late and sleep in! I think it's going to be a pretty chill week. Then I will have about five days to finish (well start) packing and prepare for my departure from the United States, which is in exactly 14 days from today. Holy moly. HOLY MOLY!

2 comments:

Keith Pearen said...

Don't you mean ASTRONOMY camp?

Becca said...

Yes... I do mean astronomy... But then again you can't spell pumpkin. I LOVE YOU!