Thursday, August 16, 2007

And So It Began

And now all of a sudden here I am, sitting on my bags on the floor of le Gare de Charles de Gaulle in Paris waiting for my train to come in about another 40 minutes to take me south. I succeeded in making it to the train station on the mini tram and buying a ticket with no mishaps (or assistance!), though the lady at the counter switched to English at once. I was little peeved, but was too tired to insist I could actually understand her French. I am exhausted. Fortunately I slept, well passed out really, on the flight from Frankfurt to Paris, but it was only an hour of sleep. It's currently 6:26 am Pacific time, and I am imagining familiar faces curled up blissfully in bed. Lucky. The nice guy sitting next to me on the Paris flight was kind enough to save me a sandwich, it looks rather unappetizing, but I'm sure I'll be hungry enough to eat it soon. I am rather surprised really that I have found free internet, patchy and unreliable as it is, but it seems to eventually load just about everything. Except my e-mail. Hopefully that's not a lasting predicament, I have a feeling though that it's Montana State that is having a problem. How convenient. Luckily though I had someone send the contact information for our liaison at the University to my Facebook account. Something I realized I never wrote down as I stood waiting for my bags, which always seem to be the last on the belt by the way. After a brief moment of panic I decided I was in for a fairly exciting sleep deprived adventure tonight if my ride to the University never showed up. I guess M. Louisin could still not answer his phone. A bridge to be crossed hours from now.....

No comments: