Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter

Easter has never been my favorite holiday. I guess it was fun as a little kid, but it has never really been up there on my list. I did however join Laura Mentch today at her house for a pleasent Easter Brunch for which I made some rather tasty deviled eggs. I was rather proud of myself, they tasted just like Mom's. The past week has been a good one, which included the arrival of my new computer. I have been staying up late, including till four last night playing and adding music and pictures. And of course now that I have it, I absoulutly love it. I even got a printer for free with it! Friday morning the track team left for Ogden, UT for a meet and we got back last night. The weather was beautiful, though I didn't jump very well. But considering I've only jumped twice and not very well post ankle sprain/Africa, it went alright I guess.

My project for Mali is done, what a relief and even though I still have lots to do before the end of the semester, it still feels nice to be done with six of my eighteen credits! I'll try and put a small version of the six by four foot poster I am presenting on my research on Tuesday at the Undergraduate Scholars Conference. I also added a bunch of photos too my photo page.


My new baby, isn't it perfect?!?! Also you can see the carving of a woman that I bought in Mali, she is made of ebony. I even talked the guy down seventy-five american dollars! I'm sure I still payed too much but I think she is BEAUTIFUL!


Obviously this will be much bigger, and I will try and take some photos at the conference. Despite Florence this project was awesome and I learned a ton. It was worth every penny I hadn't planned on spending.


This is a cake I made for Kevin a couple weeks ago; it's lemon chiffon cake. I have been having fun baking and last week I made: chocolate chip blondies with carmal sauce, peach almond muffins, brownies and several loaves of fig and date spice bread. :)

No comments: