This is beyond frustrating. I know computers aren't the most important thing ever, but I have long so much including my calendar, I feel lost. My last hope which was a friend of ours is not reporting good things about the state of computer. Time to start shopping. I still have my finger crossed that I will be able to salvage the data on the hard drive. If that is not possible I will then have the complete meltdown I’ve been fighting off. I feel disjoint and disconnected from the world, but from the looks of things though I'll have a brand spanking new link to the world by the end of next week.
Despite the demise of my computer which is now an thousand dollar fan in a box (the fan still works), life seems to be going right along. And it has been going well except that I've been pretty sick. I had strep throat, but it was type b, not a, so not the scary kind, nonetheless not so much fun. I was on an oral Typhoid Fever Vaccine that week so I couldn't take antibiotics, but it seems to have developed into a sinus infection and I finally started medication today. I'm pretty excited about feeling like a whole person again. I was so sick last week I didn't get to go to the Track meet, but we have another one tomorrow and it's here. I got to actually practice yesterday too, and it wasn't half bad considering breathing is currently difficult. We’ll see how tomorrow goes.
However, plans for my impending departure are being finished up, I am leaving in TWO AND A HALF WEEKS!!! I have so much to do. Tonight I meet with my fellow externs and the Malians we work with for dinner. Assita made us a peanut sauce with veggies and rice. Amazing! I asked for the recipe and would love to share; it's very traditional and so good. I can't wait to eat Malian food for two weeks straight. I like it much better than Korean. :) I'm also hoping to use the long weekend to get a bunch of work done; I think it will ease some stress in the coming weeks. I am going to hopefully apply for some jobs, a scholarship and finish up my application to study abroad. I haven't heard yet from the Undergraduate Scholars Program, but no one else has either. It would be really nice to know whether I got my grant or not, a little stress relief for sure!
But despite being busy, I have been spending lots of time with Kevin and Corinne. It's been wonderful. Kevin and I had a low key but enjoyable Valentine's Day and I even made him cup cakes, which Jeannie and Corinne helped me frost. I've been seeing a lot of Corinne on Campus and at home and have been loving it. I'm also growing quite fond of our little cat and seem to spend a fair amount of time cuddling with her while I'm home, little pill that she is. I have been working at the VOICE center a bunch and it's really fun. I got to help host Condom Bingo to promote sex education in the Student Union on Valentine’s Day with Laura Mentch. It was a blast, and there were even fun prizes. My class I’m teaching is going well, I love the kids! So far it’s been a really neat experience, I just wish they had more to say about the texts we read, there is always so much to discuss in my opinion! I guess it's still early in the semester.
I managed to put a couple more pictures on my photo album the night before my computer died, so check them out. I wish I could post more now, but it'll have to wait for the arrival of my new computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe you are off so soon! I know you will have an amazing time and I am soooo happy to hear that you like the food better than what we fed you in Korea!
Post a Comment