Monday, January 22, 2007

I wish I was on a warm tropical beach somewhere...

The track meet was not as exciting as it could have been. Oh well, there is always next Friday, at least for the next four weeks. Actually I didn't jump terribly, just not good enough. My last attempt at 11'5" was very good and I only brushed it with the top of my thigh, I really didn't think it was going to come off. It was one of the better first meets I have had here. I guess you have to start somewhere.

The semester has started as well, and it looks like I'm going to be pretty busy. I like my classes especially my seminar on Eating Disorders. It looks like it's going to be a very interesting class. My Texts and Critics class is looking promising as well. I really like the kids in my class so far and I'm looking forward to "teaching" them. I really just push them to teach themselves. I hope they like this class as much as I did when I took it. This week we are starting off with "Einstein’s Dreams", which is one of my favorite books. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it. It has been a bit stressful this week though as I am finishing up my grant for the research in Mali. It's almost done though, and I’ll turn it in just in time to start working on my application to study abroad next year. Actually it won't be that bad, and it will be really nice to have this turned in. Even nicer when and if I get the money. And tomorrow I get most of the vaccines for my trip. Something tells me I might not be feeling too well on Wednesday.



This cat puts up with a lot.



I'd settle for this beach too...

No comments: